Have you pondered on how God broke in and transformed everything through Jesus Christ's birth?
This Christmas season has so many mixed emotions for me. There is so much I love about Christmas; however their are emotions over the different circumstances in my life that are trying to overshadow the joy and excitement of it.
I now CHOOSE to not allow my life circumstances, emotions, and thoughts to take fully over like I used to. I choose to process my emotions as they arise and I choose to return to the wonder and awe of Christ's birth as well as the joy of the family & friends that I do have around me, supporting me, loving me, and encouraging me through this season of growth and transformation.
How about you? What feels are you experiencing? Do you have healthy tools to process your emotions and bring yourself back into Christ's peace and joy that dwells within YOU who are marked as Christ's own?
Like a muscle that needs training, we must learn how to bring our thoughts captive to the obedience of Christ and His word, will, and way (2 Corinthians 10:5). For so many years I didn't understand how to do this or how this was even possible. I've included a few for you below--to learn more extensively on this please message me for a breakthrough session.
- Write out God's word each morning in your journal and put the word of God in your bathroom, on your Biblical vision board, etc. so that you can refer to it at a moments notice!
- Speak the word of God out of your mouth out loud so that your subconscious is ingrained with the truth that heals and sets free.
- Journal out your thoughts and feelings--holding a moment of space and time to realize emotions are OKAY and it's okay to have them. Then choose to worship, praise, and pray gratitude to God.
- Write out what emotions you choose to have even while some of the old emotions linger along with your intended ones. It's okay to have joy and sadness dwell in the same space at the same time. You are a complex creation of God with so many different things going on all at the same time.
- Give yourself grace to keep circling back around to the emotions and thoughts that you choose to dwell on (Philippians 4:8).
- Consider counseling, coaching, therapy, medications, exercise, etc. It's right and good to have JESUS and therapy and prescription or nonprescription anti-depression medications.
Let's choose to ponder how Christ broke through into human existence: SON OF MAN! This title given to Jesus is mentioned 92 times in the New Testament!
Matthew 9:6 But look! I will prove to you that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.” He then said to the paralyzed man, “Get up, pick up your mattress, and go home!”
Let's choose to ponder and think about how Jesus is The Great "I AM" who understands our thoughts, emotions, struggles, triumphs, pain, temptation, etc. His love and vast depth of feelings for us He never shies away from. Jesus wept. Jesus laughed and shared joy even as His hour of suffering was rushing toward Him.
Let's choose to allow the complex mixture of emotions as we travel through this season and into the next year. Let's embrace praise and worship. Let's embrace the present moment. Let's keep our mind fixed on Jesus the author and developer of our faith, hope, and life journey.
*Message me if you are ready to grow and transform your life into the abundance God has for you. It's time to heal, grow, and create all your God-given dreams and goals.
Let's pray: Dear God, thank You for this day. Thank You for Your love, healing, and mercy.
Jesus we are so grateful for a time each year to shift our focus to You and to when You broke into this world to make a way for each of us to come to Abba Father and to have The Holy Spirit.
Lord please surround us with Your favor, love, mercy, healing, empowerment, wisdom, and guidance.
Please uplift us and encourage us to stay firmly planted in Your streams of living water and bearing the fruit that You want us to.
We pray Jesus that You would align the thoughts of our mind and the emotions of our heart with Your will, word, and way. We long to embrace the joy and peace that You have given each of us.
Please rebuke the devourer away from our spiritual growth, our Bible time, and our efforts to find the healing tools we need to bring forth an abundance of transformation and spiritual empowerment.
We sing praises to Your name, now and forever Jesus! Amen!