Sweat and tears streamed down my face in rivers as I sobbed out another prayer on my treadmill.
I was doing all the things--or so I thought, to create a profitable business. But one thing I was lacking--direct sales conversations!
I had a logo, branding colors, content, books, trainings, certifications, degrees, a website, and a presence on EVERY major social media platform. Yep, I had it all and people thought my business was booming. I was smart, funny, creative, and insightful. But I didn't believe it down to my core.
I lacked courage. I lacked confidence. And I didn't know how to invite people into sales conversations back in the beginning of my business building journey.
My friends here are things you don't need when you first start out in business:
- a website (you're shocked I know) all you need is a Paypal account to send an invoice for your services and an email to send your contract.
- a logo and branding colors (no one cares about your logo except you and your family--and yes, I love mine! But you probably don't even know what it is or care. See!)
- tons of complex content--if no one knows you exist or how you can serve them than all the content in the world won't matter.
- more certifications and degrees--you probably don't even realize how much you know right now and can over deliver.
- a book, podcast, reels, a course, etc.
Things you NEED when you start a business and are under the 6 figure mark:
- One to one conversations--lots of them. Build relationships! #relationshipmarketing
- One semi-clear idea of what you want to sell over the next 90 days. You'll be delivering and honing what you really want to sell as you find out what your audience of people really need and want.
- The knowledge on how to cultivate leads and invite them to consider working with you. #socialselling #leadgeneration #leadtracking
- Some basic content that people can look back at after you've reached out to them. #simplemarketing sharing your knowledge a bit
- The deep desire to keep investing in yourself slowly! Stop the rush mentality! Cultivate peace, patience, perseverance, endurance, self-control, and self-discipline. #fruitsofthespirit
- Cultivating your faith, confidence, courage, and knowledge day by day. Start with books if you can't afford sales and business coaching right away. Start with my Confidence To Sell Course. But don't buy course after course after course! Learn and do every day!
- A willingness to mess up! A willingness to be embarrassed or say the wrong thing and learn from it! #failforward
Come tell me what you think? Let's talk and I'll show you how simple getting clients can be for your dreams and goals. Stop the overwhelm and start getting clients! Message me now.
Speak it! Believe it! Be it!: God is connecting me to the resources and people that I need to learn and grow my business. Thank you Jesus! Amen